Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like . . . WINTER!!

Oh, my gosh! The weather is crazy. Crazy, I tell you! Really, this winter started off pretty mild -- then, we had two storms hit Utah right around Christmas, and we have not seen the ground since. Literally. After those two storms, northern Utah dove into what (here) would be referred to as a deep freeze. Highs in the teens, lows in the single digits, everything (including water pipes!) frozen solid! And of course, in Utah, along with the cold comes the nasty, yucky inversion. One of the downfalls of winter in a Utah valley. If you take a drive up into the mountains, you all of a sudden will break through the layer of haze, smog, and crud that the valley is swimming in and see sun! And be warm! Yes, 'tis true. On days like that, Park City is warmer than Salt Lake. The only thing that will knock out the inversion is another storm. And we've had storms this month! Several, in fact, with three in the last three days! We're back to the ground being totally white and the streets being somewhat slushy. One day last week, we even had freezing rain, which I don't think I've ever seen in my 19 years here. Icky stuff. I'll take snow over ice any day! All that being said, the cold, grey weather has really been getting me down. Interfering with my peace-full intentions. Breathing in a lot of anxiety along with the gunk. So I broke down and ordered an Ion Therapy Lamp. My counselor has been recommending one for a couple of years, and a few ladies I'm friends with swear by theirs. So, it arrived today! YAY! I'll keep you posted on what I think.

Obviously, I also need to say that Today is Day One -- mostly because I didn't keep up with my blogging in January. Where does the time go? I don't remember wasting 26 days, but I somehow managed it. We are trying to work on our house -- painting the walls and replacing carpet and floor coverings, so a bit of my time went to that. Still organizing my new craft room, and trying to catch up on online classes. And playing with the puppies, of course. They've really been enjoying the snow. I hope to update you later this week with the new Close to My Heart specials, as well as give you a peek into my Gratitude Journal -- which, I am happy to say, I have journaled in every day this month! Yay me! Also coming up, photography updates and updates for OLW 2013. Stay tuned! 

Until next time,

siggy


No comments:

Post a Comment