Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scripture Sunday

Matthew 6:5-7
New International Version (NIV)

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

This spoke to me today, because one of the habits I want to change this year is how much and how often I spend with the Lord.  This is a good reminder that I need to take the time to make time to spend one on one with Him.  My plan is to set aside about a half an hour in the mornings, to start, to study Scripture and pray.  I have a little prayer journal I made, that I can put photos in of the people I currently pray for, and write notes in the margins.  My days always go better when I start them off with God!

Happy Sunday!  Until next time,

siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment