Monday, May 7, 2012

Hello Monday

Can you believe it's already the 7th of May??  I can't!  The year is almost half over!  Here are some things I'm saying hello to today:

Hello strawberries!  I picked up a flat with my Bountiful Basket on Saturday, and have been rinsing and cutting all afternoon!  I LOVE strawberries!  (Apparently, so do the puppies!  LOL!)

Hello laundry.  How can two people create so much laundry?  It's beyond me.  Well, that, and I tend to let it pile up, because I don't like to do it.  But that's beside the point.  

Hello menu making.  I'm still trying to get better about planning a weekly menu and going grocery shopping once a week, especially now that we're getting most of our produce through www.bountifulbaskets.org (awesome program, BTW -- you should check it out!). 

Hello haircut!  I'm off to see my own personal wizard, Cindy Lou, tomorrow, for a trim -- just in time for our 2 week graduation trip coming up!

Hello soreness.  I cannot tell a lie.  We cut down our cherry tree on Saturday.  Why, you ask?  Well, it just had . . . issues.  The biggest of which was that there are apparently not enough "male" bing cherry trees in our neighborhood, so we didn't get a lot of flowers or fruit.  So, a "Stella" will be replacing the Bing in short order.  Apparently, "Stella" doesn't need a man.  ;)  But sawing all those branches down to fit in the pickup?  Oh, my aching shoulder!

Hello barbeque!  SO excited for warmer weather and full propane tanks!  That means yummy grilled dinners -- tonight it's bratwurst.  Along with the fresh produce, it makes for a yummy meal! 

Hello Bible Study.  So happy to be able to join in with my family this afternoon on our Bible Study.  I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, and it feels good to be back in the Word!  

Hello Blue Skies!  Looks like perfect weather this week.  Sunny, and in the low to mid 70s.  Perfect.  Yep.  Lovin' it.  :)

What are you saying hello to this week?  

Hello Monday is a Lisa Leonard inspired practice.  Like the cute header??  It's made, and used with permission, by Katrina Simeck



siggy

1 comment: