Friday, June 10, 2011

A Hunting we will Go!

SO!  It appears it's time for me to find a job.  A different job -- a "real" job, some would say, outside the home.  I love being home, but find that it also is actually cutting INTO my creative time, because I am HORRIBLE at time management.  I do much better with it when I have less of it to manage!  LOL!  Plus, we have a few bills that it would be nice to get paid off faster, which a little extra income will help with. 

So, I've applied for a few jobs.  Well, the first thing I had to do was find my resume (thank goodness for memory sticks!) as it has been 10 or more years since I've updated it.  O_o  I know.  YIKES.  But, resume found, updated, and job search started. 

I just had to share that I surprised myself -- haven't lost the touch!  I went in yesterday to take a data entry test for one of the positions I applied for.  Now, keep in mind, it's been over 10 years since I've done any real data entry.  Typing, yes, strict data entry, no.  BUT!  Passing was 5072 KPH (that's keystrokes per hour).  I passed with flying colors -- at 12948 KPH with 98% accuracy.  OOH-rah, as they say in the Marines!   Now, just to learn to patiently wait to hear back from them!!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment